Monument record FAS 008 - Four full and three partial ring ditches and linear features of unknown date.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 835 677 (98m by 87m)|
|Civil Parish||FORNHAM ALL SAINTS, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
A series of cropmarks photographed by K J St Joseph (S1)(R1). adjacent to central part of cursus cropmark: at least four complete ring ditches, at TL 8350 6777 (circa 22m diameter); at TL 8354 6780 (circa 16m diameter); at TL 8348 6782 (circa 14m in diameter) & TL 8343 6782 (circa 5m in diameter), also 3 partial ring ditches and various linear ditches on different line to cursus within this area FAS 008 NW of Fornham village.
January 1993: Part/All of ring ditch at TL 8350 6777 damaged by illegal subsoiling of headlands in this field. Information from Mr Ian Millar, English Heritage. Map to follow (never received).
- <R1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, AP ABM 4, 10, ADE 49, ADS 54,.
- <M1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. APs: CUCAP ABM 4, 10, ADE 49, ADS 54; (S2).
- <S1> SSF5242 Unpublished document: Department of the Environment. Scheduling information.
- <S2> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex C C, AP, CP/97/13/24, 1997.
- <M2> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: Plot of cropmarks (in AP cabinet).
- <M3> SSF46749 (No record type): SAM file: computerised records 13059-13066.
- <S3> SSF50106 Photograph: Air Photographs. NAU, TL 833 676, JDE 7-8 & 10-13, 1 July 1996.
- <S4> SSF50106 Photograph: Air Photographs. NAU, TL 832 676, JBZ 1, 4, 6, 10 July 1996.
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
May 16 2019 10:56PM