Monument record BSE 002 - Golf Course Green 7
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8381 6567 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||BURY ST EDMUNDS, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
|Civil Parish||WESTLEY, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Tumulus, partly or completely destroyed (S1).
SE half remains, rest having been levelled to form golfing green. Remains form bunker and not recognised as tumulus.
1968: Cannot be identified. Position coincides with green No 7, which was excavated and rebuilt in August 1960 (S1).
Named in 1926 (S2) as `Tumulus' and shown as oval mound circa 60 feet by 30 feet in size. Note at end of and directly on alignment of PMed tree lined avenue, BSE 128 - possibly landscape feature or collapsed building remains? Formerly in Westley parish.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Mar 22 1996 12:00AM