Monument record WSW 030 - Lackford Bridge Quarry (IA)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 790 712 (135m by 86m)|
|Civil Parish||WEST STOW, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
Excavation in 1978/1979 produced a complex of ditches, pits and postholes (S1) details (S2)..
See also Neo, Rom, Sax & Mes.
Fieldwork around the quarry has produced further pottery including flint, sand and grog filled types, some 'Belgic'- see Parish file.
- --- SSF22045 (No record type):
- <S1> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. PSIA, 34, 1980, (4), 296.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: fieldwalking report.
- <M2> SSF36276 (No record type): Excavation archive :.
- <S2> SSF53997 Unpublished document: Tipper J.. 2007. Archaeological Excavation Report, West Stow, Lackford Bridge Quarry, WSW 030.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jul 3 2020 2:38PM