Monument record KNE 003 - Artefact scatter of Bronze-Age urns, probably a cemetry.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 9580 7975 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||KNETTISHALL, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
One large inverted urn with a number of smaller ones around it, seen in gravel pit on Stonehill by Mr Steggles, 1935.
'Fragments of only 2 remain - others destroyed, burnt bones. Remaining finds in Ipswich Museum' (S1).
Part of body and part of base from small BA vessel(s) found with several others (which were broken up), containing burnt bones, at Stoney Hill, Coney Weston (S2).
- <R1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL97NE3.
- <S1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, map SAU ref 14, card index 205.
- <M1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Basil Brown archive: map, card index.
- <S2> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 1935-25.1 & 2.
- <S3> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 31 2021 2:48PM