Monument record IKW 004 - Ickworth Green
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8130 6215 (50m by 50m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||ICKWORTH, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Site of Ickworth Green or The Green as shown on reconstruction mapped from 1665 survey, with three buildings - (?) dwellings shown, including Ickworth Lodge) (R1)(S1).
Probably site of earlier deserted village, by 1750 green and two of buildings gone, only Ickworth Lodge (IKW 003) remaining (S1).
Evidence of earthworks to the west and north of housing shown on aerial photographs (S2).
See also Deserted Village and Church Green to S (IKW 005).
- <S1> SSF16340 (No record type): Phibbs J L & Gallagher C, Ickworth a survey of the landscape, NT, 1980 (ill).
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: Phibbs survey notes.
- <R1> SSF7693 (No record type): Ickworth 1665 Survey Book, Bury St Edmunds Record Office.
- <S2> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex CC, AP, BW/99/16/10.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Oct 6 2014 3:40PM