Monument record IKW 005 - Church Greene
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8129 6124 (297m by 400m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||ICKWORTH, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Site of church green as shown on mapped reconstruction of 1665 survey adjoining Ickworth church (IKW 006), and site of Ickworth Hall (IKW 001)(S1). Probably site of deserted village. Deserted village claimed by Beresford at TL 813 611 (S2)(R1).
- <R1> SSF1194 Bibliographic reference: Beresford M and Hurst J G. 1971. Deserted Medieval Villages. 203.
- <S1> SSF16340 (No record type): Phibbs J L & Gallagher C, Ickworth a survey of the landscape, NT, 1980 (ill).
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: Phibbs survey, notes.
- <S2> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL86SW16.
- <S3> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Volume XXX1X,, part 1, 1997, pag 9 (map).
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Apr 26 2021 8:19PM