Monument record WSF 017 - C2 bronze trumpet or harp shaped brooch inlaid with red enamel found in June 1935.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 0191 7457 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||WATTISFIELD, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
C2 bronze trumpet or harp shaped brooch inlaid with red enamel found by (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s) in June 1935. Bought by IPSMG for 1 pound (S1)(S2)(S3). Exact location shown on Basil Brown's sketch map. Sketch of brooch, card 418 (S1).
- <S1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, I, 38,39a; card index 418,430.
- <M1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Basil Brown archive: volume, card index.
- <S2> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 1953-144, 1953.
- <M2> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: sketch map.
- <S3> SSF20926 (No record type): SAU, West S E, SMR card.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Feb 12 2009 9:34AM