Find Spot record BAT 003 - Hascot Hill Valley, Riverbank by bridge, Battisford, (Palaeolithic).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TM 063 538 (point)|
|Civil Parish||BATTISFORD, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1954-1955: A small Acheulean flint hand-axe found near the bridge in Hascot Hill Valley, Battisford (Hascot Hill shown at TM 064 538 on OS 1:10000 1972) circa 1954-1955. Length 4 inches, presented by Reginald G Woodard, Stone Cottages, Barking Tye (S1). Described also in (S1-S5)
For three Darmsden type worked flints from Hascot Hill Valley - see BAT 040 (Palaeolithic).
- <S1> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 1955-47, 1955.
- <S2> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Pal Gen, 1955.
- <S3> SSF59374 Article in serial: 1955. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1955.
- <S4> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM05SE11, 1978.
- <S5> SSF50084 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J.J.. 1985. Palaeolithic Sites of East Anglia. p206.
- <S6> SSF59351 Digital archive: Wymer, J.J.. 1999. The Lower Palaeolithic Occupation of Britain (TERPs) The Lower Palaeolithic Occupation of Britain (TERPS). 22727.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Dec 4 2019 12:16PM