Monument record WSF 037 - Radleys Ten Acres (Rom)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 0188 7436 (50m by 50m)|
|Civil Parish||WATTISFIELD, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
A C1 bronze Rom boar ornament found by J Blake in 1941/1942, when clearing field drain on Field no. 294 - Radleys Ten Acres. The boar is 5.5cms long, flat, with slightly hollowed underside and legs damaged (S1,S2,S3)(R1,R2). Near this site a "leaf-shaped" weight was found by J Blake, 1955. Also IA pottery sherds.
- <S1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Brown B, VIII, 22,58-61,65; XLIX, 24-33; LV, 7; XCIII, 15,17,20,32; XCVI, 3,27,92; XCVII, 41; card i.
- <M1> SSF50035 Unpublished document: Basil Brown. Basil Brown Archive. Basil Brown archive: volumes, card index, map.
- <R1> SSF9996 (No record type): J Roman Stud, 28, 189.
- <R2> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. PSIA, 24, 1947, (3), 168.
- <S2> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG card, 1945-116, 1945.
- <M2> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: site plan (3)(B Brown).
- <S3> SSF20692 (No record type): SAU, Plouviez J, SMR card.
- FSF1769: JEWELLERY (Roman - 43 AD to 99 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Feb 1 1988 12:00AM