Poorly Located Find Spot record ERL 292 - Eriswell General, 4, (Palaeolithic).
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 73 79 (1000m by 1000m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||ERISWELL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Pre 1985: Unprovinanced palaeoliths from Eriswell in various museums including one from 'Bradfields Farm just on West side of Eriswell Road', three from 'Eriswell Fields' , and one from 'Nr Deen's Hole' (S1-S2).
Also Flat Butted Cordate "Bout Coupe" in Liverpool Museum, (S3).
Formerly recorded as ERL MISC
- <S1> SSF50084 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J.J.. 1985. Palaeolithic Sites of East Anglia. 83.
- <S2> SSF59351 Digital archive: Wymer, J.J.. 1999. The Lower Palaeolithic Occupation of Britain (TERPs) The Lower Palaeolithic Occupation of Britain (TERPS). 23035.
- <S3> SSF56333 Unpublished document: Cutler, Hannah. 2013. Understanding Late Middle Palaeolithic Neandertal Landscape-use during Short-Term Occupations in Britain.
- <S4> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- FSF1943: CLEAVER (Acheulean - 531000 BC? to 298000 BC?)
- FSF50298: HANDAXE (MIS13 to Late Middle Paleolithic - 531000 BC? to 42000 BC?)
- FSF50299: OVATE HANDAXE (MIS13 to Late Middle Paleolithic - 531000 BC? to 42000 BC?)
- FSF52120: FLAT BUTTED CORDATE (BOUT COUPE) HANDAXE (Late Middle Paleolithic - 52000 BC? to 42000 BC?)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
Oct 27 2021 1:34PM