Monument record TYN 005 - Sleighton Hill; Trimley Shore (Sax)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 256 373 (652m by 611m)|
|Civil Parish||TRIMLEY ST MARTIN, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Large number of pottery sherds found on the shore (S1)(S2), mainly Med & PMed but including(?) "A sherd of (buff) Anglo Saxon, coarse ware decorated with pendant triangles" and "Two (black) coarse ware pot rims of the 8th century". Area on HER map enlarged to include mud flats after (S6). Details in (S4)(S5).
1981/2: fieldwork by John Newman located 6 sherds Thetford ware (probably not Ipswich type)(S3).
See also Med & PMed.
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM23NE14.
- <R1> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. PSIA, 28, 1960, (3), 296.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: (S3).
- <S2> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Trimley St Martin.
- <S3> SSF20020 (No record type): SAU, Newman J, site report, TYN 005, June 1985.
- <S4> SSF6272 (No record type): Felixstowe Archaeological Movement (Journal), 1, January 1960.
- <S5> SSF6274 (No record type): Felixstowe Archaeological Movement (Journal), 2, July 1960, 18.
- <S6> SSF6282 (No record type): Felixstowe Archaeological Movement (Journal), 5, November 1961, 11-14.
- <S7> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jun 28 2021 11:49AM