Monument record TYN 016 - A ring ditch of unknown date, circa 25 metres in diameter can be seen as a cropmark on aerial photographs in Trimley St Martin parish.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 2816 3823 (26m by 26m)|
|Civil Parish||TRIMLEY ST MARTIN, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Ring ditch, circa 30m diameter. A number of linear ditches running chiefly E- W occur just to the W of this ring ditch. Another ring ditch, TYN 017, is nearby, a little to the E (S1).
A ring ditch of unknown date, circa 25 metres in diameter can be seen as a cropmark on aerial photographs in Trimley St Martin parish, centred on TM28163823. The cropmark of the ditch is between 1.5 and 2.5 metres wide. The date and function of the ring ditch is unknown but it may be the remains of a Bronze Age round barrow. A ring ditch of similar size is visible approximately 90 metres to the east (TYN 017). (S3, S4)
- <S1> SSF18850 (No record type): SAU, APs AGK 17, 20.
- <M1> SSF46665 (No record type): APs: AGK 17, 20; (S2).
- <S2> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex C C, AP, CP/97/38/1, July 1997.
- <S3> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR TM 2838/45 (21334/14) 30-JUL-2001.
- <S4> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR TM 2837/2 (1658/155-156) 12-JUL-1979.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Nov 30 2005 12:00AM