Monument record MNL 138 - Breach Drove, Beck Row, Mildenhall, (Prehistoric)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 7005 7911 (50m by 50m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||MILDENHALL, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
|Civil Parish||Beck Row, Holywell Row and Kenny Hill, Forest Heath, Suffolk|
Type and Period (1)
1978: Bone point, probably prehistoric and scatter of flint flakes from TL 701 791 approximately, reported by Jack King, (S2).
1987: Fieldwalking for Fenland survey located spread of worked flint and some pottery including flint tempered, details not yet available (S1).
Also note MNL 172, further to South in field.
Descriptions of flint finds are broad, dating to a specific period bracket is ill-advised. However, they may be later Prehistoric, based on details of discovery, (S3).
- <S1> SSF15678 Unpublished document: Pendleton C F. 1987. Catalogue of finds and findspots,1965-1987, unpublished.
- <S2> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: drawing of bone point (stolen Autumn 1981).
- <S3> SSF59348 Personal Correspondence: Cutler, Hannah. 2019. Personal Observations as part of the Enhancement of the Suffolk HER for the Palaeolithic & Mesolithic Periods project.
- <S4> SSF6326 Excavation archive: Pendleton C. 1990. Fenland Survey Archive.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (3)
- Event - Intervention: Casual Observation? Breach Drove, Beck Row, Mildenhall, (ESF27719)
- Event - Interpretation: Enhancement of the Suffolk HER for the Palaeolithic & Mesolithic Periods (ESF26899)
- Event - Intervention: Systematic Fieldwalking Survey, Fenland (Ref: Fenland Survey (Master Event() (ESF27811)
Record last edited
May 14 2020 10:16AM