Monument record FLN 012 - Flixton Park
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 3083 8681 (28m by 22m)|
|Civil Parish||FLIXTON (NEAR BUNGAY), WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Single ring ditch, circa 20m in diameter, noted on AP (S1). NAU AP 21 July 1977, positive cropmarks, NGR TM 3076 8685 (S2).
November 1995: Re-sited from TM 3082 8682 to TM 3084 8682.
A ring ditch, possibly the remains of a barrow of Bronze Age date, is visible on aerial photographs as a cropmark in the parkland of Flixton Hall, centred on circa TM 308868. The cropmark of the ditch is under 1.5 metres wide and encloses a central area approximately 16 metres in diameter. A second similarly sized ring-ditch is also visible to the north-east (FLN 011). (S4)
- <S1> SSF18483 (No record type): SAU, AP AGG 15, 21/7/1977.
- <M1> SSF44034 (No record type): APs: AGG 15, AJH 3.
- <S2> SSF11787 (No record type): NAU, Norfolk Archaeological index, primary record card Suffolk Misc/BA, 14 October 1983.
- <M2> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: NAU record card, correspondence.
- <S3> SSF11694 (No record type): NAU, AP AJH 3.
- <S4> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR TM 3086/3 (NLA TM3086A) 21-JUL-1977.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Sep 23 2014 10:59AM