Monument record BRD 009 - Limekiln Farm, Brandon
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 758 865 (101m by 100m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BRANDON, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
`F188 Bored stone axe-hammer 1970' notated on correspondents map, findspot marked (S1). Presumably same as `bored stone axe hammer reported (S2-S4)(R1). Note ( use of pre gridded maps and other incorrectly cited map references.
Identification of correct findspot dependant on recognition of primary record map, 6 inch or 1 inch?
Circa 16 cms x 8 cms. Found April 1970. Petrologically sectioned, number S131, quartz dolerite from Whin Sill (S5)(R3)(S6).
See Not to publish Tab, (SCCAS staff only)
- <S1> SSF2785 (No record type): BSEMH, Correspondents 6 inch record map, A R Edwardson, 1970 entry.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: (S6).
- <R1> SSF56380 Article in serial: Owles, E. J.. 1970. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1970. Archaeol in Suff, 1970, PSIA, 32, 1970, (1).
- <R2> SSF2482 (No record type): BSEMH, 1 inch record map, A R Edwardson entry, undated.
- <S2> SSF3402 (No record type): CBA, Group 7 bulletin, 17, 1970, 18.
- <R3> SSF2882 (No record type): BSEMH, old catalogue, A R Edwardson entry.
- <S3> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TL78NE41, 1976 entry.
- <S4> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Brandon Neolithic, 1970.
- <S5> SSF2876 (No record type): BSEMH, Mycock C, November 1988.
- <S6> SSF5669 (No record type): Edwardson A R, SAU index and sketch.
- <S7> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Feb 24 2021 3:38PM