Monument record BRD 010 - Hiss Farm; Chicory Factory (Un)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 733 867 (650m by 549m) (Centred on)|
|Civil Parish||BRANDON, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (6)
APs show series of cropmarks in area of large Rom site, including field boundaries from field system, trackways, small rectilinear enclosures and various irregular features (S1)(S3). Some cropmarks extend to BRD 007/008. Possibly related to field system to S - BRD 39.
Field walking survey in 1979 located burnt flint patch at TL 7327 8677 (S2). Also Mes IA, Rom & Sax.
Flints are unidentified in the report. Considering locality, they could be of literally any age, (S5).
- --- SSF59348 Personal Correspondence: Cutler, Hannah. 2019. Personal Observations as part of the Enhancement of the Suffolk HER for the Palaeolithic & Mesolithic Periods project.
- <S1> SSF325 (No record type): APs, AJM 005-008.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: (S2).
- <S2> SSF20648 Finds Report: Plouviez, J.. 1979. SAU, Plouviez J, site report, BRD 010, April 1979. SAU, Plouviez J, site report, BRD 010, April 1979.
- <M2> SSF45442 (No record type): APs: AJM 005-008; (S4).
- <S3> SSF16346 (No record type): Phillips C W (ed), The Fenland in Rom Times, 1970, 248.
- <S4> SSF13050 (No record type): OS, AP, 71 216 066, 1971.
- FSF49776: LITHIC IMPLEMENT? (Undated)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Nov 27 2019 9:11AM