Poorly Located Monument record BRD 389 - Two Bronze Age beakers and stone wristguard, Brandon Fields
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 75 85 (10000m by 10000m) (Approximate)|
|Civil Parish||BRANDON, FOREST HEATH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Two beakers and stone wristguard "found together, but not, so far as I am aware, under any tumulus; and I was assured by (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s) of Brandon .... that no human bones, burnt or unburnt, were found with them". Found "recently" in `Brandon Fields', where extensively worked for flints (palaeoliths) (S1)(S2)(S3)(S4) - see BRD 058 & 062. However, specific location of these workings is inclear, note location of Brandonfield Wood at TL 760 860. See Tithe Map ?
Formerly recorded as BRD MISC
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: copy (S1)(S2).
- <R1> SSF66 (No record type): Abercromby J, BA Pottery in GB, 1912, 25, 88, pl 9 82-3.
- <S1> SSF6629 (No record type): Franks A W, Proc Soc Antiq, 2nd series, 5, 1872, 270-274, ill.
- <R2> SSF1322 (No record type): BM, BA Guide, 1920, 68.
- <S2> SSF699 (No record type): Archaeologia, 43, 1871, (2), 429.
- <S3> SSF54455 Bibliographic reference: 1911. Victoria County History, Suffolk 1. 275.
- <R3> SSF6556 (No record type): Fox C, Archaeol of the Cambridge Region, 1923, 25,27,322.
- <R4> SSF3555 (No record type): Clarke D L, Beaker Pottery of GB & Ire, 1970, (2), 496, fig 429,430.
- <S4> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Brandon BA Gen, undated.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
May 21 2020 8:47AM