Monument record WLV 044 - Ditches and banks of unknown date are visible on aerial photographs in Woolverstone Park.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 18614 38773 (342m by 308m)|
|Civil Parish||WOOLVERSTONE, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
Ditches and a bank or trackway of unknown date are visible as earthworks and cropmarks on aerial photographs, centred on TM 18593878 in Woolverstone Park. A very faint fragment of rectilinear ditches can be seen as an earthwork on photographs from 1944 (S1) and may be visible as a cropmark in later years, centred on TM 18593878, though the features are difficult to locate within the cropmark complex SF4820 / WLV 008. These features may be drains or possibly field boundaries that were fossilised when the area was emparked (S2-S4). A curvilinear levelled bank or trackway is also visible, centred on TM 18493879. The possible trackway or field boundary is visible running for 300m on a north-south orientation. It does not appear to be related to any of the field system cropmarks in WLV 008 (S5).
- <S1> SSF50005 Photograph: RAF. Air Photograph. RAF HLA/686 3153-3154 02-MAR-1944.
- <S2> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR TM 1838/1 (826/216) 07-JUL-1975.
- <S3> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP (BXY39) 23-JUN-1976.
- <S4> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP (BXI35) 15-JUN-1976.
- <S5> SSF50005 Photograph: RAF. Air Photograph. RAF 543/2326 1F22 0347-0348 23-JUL-1963.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Nov 21 2011 3:58PM