Monument record HNV 014 - 'Dove House' Hengrave Park
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8254 6852 (26m by 25m)|
|Civil Parish||HENGRAVE, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
`Dove House' marked and named on a map of 1558 is shown on an island in a rectangular pond to the SE of the house. 1769 (S1). A map of 1742 (S2) names the enclosure about this as `the Hovell', but marks a `Dove House Yard', containing a small square building that is probably a dovecote, to the W of Hengrave Hall (see HNV 013). Presumably this was a new dovecote, built between 1742 and 1769. No longer existing.
- <S1> SSF21852 (No record type): Suffolk Record Office, Bury, 712/58.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: photocopy of part of (S1), tracing of part of (S2).
- <S2> SSF21853 (No record type): Suffolk Record Office, Bury, 712/60.
- <S3> SSF50114 Unpublished document: Evaluation Archive. Reilly ,D, 1999, Hengrave Hall and park evaluation.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jul 2 2018 3:09PM