Monument record LMD 051 - Long, narrow, oval enclosure of unknown date.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8568 4570 (47m by 56m)|
|Civil Parish||LONG MELFORD, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Long, narrow, oval enclosure, circa 50m x 25m. Occurs partly within ring ditch, LMD 014, and extending NW (S1)(S2)(S3). Possible long barrow. Brief discussion in (S4).
1976: Oval enclosure, overlies/is overlain by a ring ditch (S5).
- <S1> SSF18353 (No record type): SAU, AP ADC 09.
- <M1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. APs: SAU ADC 09; CUCAP AOI 21; Essex CC 168/25.
- <S2> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, AOI 21, 1967.
- <S3> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex CC, AP 168/25, 1989.
- <S4> SSF50094 Bibliographic reference: Miscellaneous Bibliographic reference. Fitch N, draft BA dissertation, Nottingham, 2001.
- <S5> SSF58519 Unpublished document: Martin, E.. 1976. Prehistoric Crop-Mark Sites in Suffolk.
- <S6> SSF58525 Unpublished document: Martin, E. A. and Plouviez, J.. 1978. Prehistoric and Roman Cropmark Sites in Suffolk.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 11 2021 1:40AM