Monument record FRT 022 - Orwell foreshore
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 1794 3985 (100m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||FRESTON, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Gold pendant, C7 type, with central garnet and filigree decoration of beaded wires. Surface worn. The loop is unusual in being plain and not fluted. Found metal detecting on the foreshore. Information per SAU Ipswich 1985 (S1). The hook is also of a different composition of gold (S2). Claimed to have been found on foreshore, but object's condition shows no sign of having been near water or having been buried in the tidal zone. Grid reference revised as (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s).
- <S1> SSF4151 (No record type): Coroner's Office, information (from BM etc), 1985.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: Information from Coroner's Office & xerox of photo (BM); (S4).
- <S2> SSF1303 (No record type): BM Research Laboratory (Hook D), 1985.
- <M2> SSF38585 (No record type): Photographs: BEM 12-19; slide BLS 36.
- <S3> SSF50070 Museum Record Card: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card Freston TM 179 398,1985.
- <S4> SSF50018 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Finds Report. SAU, finds ID record, 1985.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Feb 18 2009 3:57PM