Monument record MKR 001 - Monks Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 71627 50610 (111m by 107m)|
|Civil Parish||MONKS RISBRIDGE, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Extra parochial farm of 92 acres. Former property of (?) Stoke (by Clare) monastery and college, purchased by Sir John Cheke in mid-late C16 (S1).
Shown as a range of buildings and named on Hodskinson's 1783 map and on OS maps up to 1904 (1920s not checked). Gone by 1958.
Note possible original Hundred Meeting Place of Risbridge Hundred (S2) -see MKR Misc.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. (Hundon): copy (S1)..
- <S1> SSF50094 Bibliographic reference: Miscellaneous Bibliographic reference. Farrer E, 'Deer Parks of East Anglia', ms, SRO, 18.8.77, map.
- <S2> SSF50087 Bibliographic reference: Dymond D and Martin E. 1999. An Historical Atlas of Suffolk (revised edition). Martin E, 'Hundreds and Liberties', 3rd ed, 1999, 26-27, map.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Mar 9 2001 12:00AM