Monument record CSM 019 - A12 Pound Lane link Road; Cross Green; Groats
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 091 373 (270m by 374m)|
|Civil Parish||CAPEL ST MARY, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Finds and sites recorded in desktop and rapid walkover assessment of proposed alternative routes for A12 (S1). Proposed routes cut through Med settlement or Med Greens (R1-R4). Central area relatively free of archaeological interest but widespread scatter of burnt flint indicates possible prehistoric activity. Rapid walkover of study area revealed six heavily burnt flints, three body sherds Med coarseware and two body sherds Rom greyware. Area cut by line of C3 Roman road (CSM 014).
- <S1> SSF50015 Unpublished document: Chapman, H. P., Gearey, B. R., and Krawiec, K.. 2006. Assessment report: Excavations of a brushwood trackway and causeway. Compartmen 26, Beccles Marshes. SCCAS, Newman J, Report No 96/?, January 1996.
- <R1> SSF50065 Map: J Hodskinson. 1783. The County of Suffolk Surveyed.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. (S1).
- <R2> SSF50026 Map: OS. OS Map. 1", 1805.
- <R3> SSF3121 Map: 1838. Capel St Mary Tithe Map and Apportionment.
- <R4> SSF50094 Bibliographic reference: Miscellaneous Bibliographic reference. Wright B, Fragments of Capel, 1995.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Sep 2 2016 5:00PM