Monument record TDM 002 - Settlement: pit, pottery, coins and brooches. Seen in gravel pit face. (Rom)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 198 476 (133m by 145m)|
|Civil Parish||TUDDENHAM ST MARTIN, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Settlement: pit, pottery, coins and brooches.
1970: Pit, circa 4 feet wide and 3 feet deep, contained pottery and bones; seen in gravel pit face at (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s). Possible postholes, 2 feet deep also observed (R1).
1983: Coins (2) C4, Hod Hill type brooch, seal box lid [discounted as seal box by Colin Andrews April 2008], pin and pottery, found metal detecting August 1983 at (see 'Not to be published on web' tab for finder/s and/or findspot/s)(R2).
1985: Further coins (C3) and brooch fragment (S1).
1994: also v corroded bronze coin and brooch (headstud type) found metal detecting (S2).
For further Rom site excavated to SE see TDM 015.
See also Sax.
- <S1> SSF21156 (No record type): Seager M & Smye T (IMDC) per SAU Ipswich, 1985.
- <R1> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 970-84, 1970.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: finds reports, location map.
- <M2> SSF43292 (No record type): Photographs: ASY 12-14, 20-23.
- <S2> SSF50018 Finds Report: Plouviez, J.. 1995. SCCAS Finds Record:. Plouviez, J., SCCAS. April 1994.
- <R2> SSF7078 (No record type): Grayston A, per IMDC, 1983.
- <R3> SSF20242 (No record type): SAU, Photograph ASY 12-14, 20-23.
- <S3> SSF56380 Article in serial: Owles, E. J.. 1970. Archaeology in Suffolk, 1970.
- <S4> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- FSF17399: COIN (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- FSF17400: HOD HILL BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- FSF17401: PIN (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- FSF17402: POTTERY (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- FSF17404: COIN (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- FSF31245: COIN (Roman - 43 AD? to 409 AD?)
- FSF31246: BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FSF52335: QUERN (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
May 5 2021 2:15PM