Monument record WYB 017 - Shotford Heath
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 2470 8122 (34m by 31m)|
|Civil Parish||WEYBREAD, MID SUFFOLK, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (2)
Cropmarks of one ring ditch, circa 30-40m diameter, and adjacent linear features shown on Norfolk Archaeological Unit's air photographs ARN 3-5 inclusive, taken on 14 September 1981 from an altitude of 5000 feet and are very much enlarged (S1).
A ring ditch, probably the remains of a Bronze Age barrow or burial mound, can be seen as a cropmark on aerial photographs, centred on circa TM 247812 on Shotford Heath, Weybread parish. The ring ditch is slightly irregular in form but is on average 32 metres in diameter and circa 3 metres wide. It appears to be enclosed by a later field system (see WYB 065). (S2-S4)
- <S1> SSF11667 (No record type): NAU (Edwards D A), 29 September 1981.
- <M1> SSF41489 (No record type): AP: NAU TM2481/A/ARN4.
- <S2> SSF50066 Photograph: OS, AP. OS OS/75241 101 12-JUN-1975.
- <M2> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: correspondence and record card.
- <S3> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR TM 2481/2 (SF1662/460 ) 19/7/79.
- <S4> SSF50073 Photograph: National Monuments Record. Air Photograph. NMR TM 2481/7 (NLA 5837/04) 04-JUL-1989.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (1)
Record last edited
Jan 30 2007 4:14PM