Monument record TYN 005 - Sleighton Hill (Med-Pmed)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TM 254 373 (652m by 611m)|
|Civil Parish||TRIMLEY ST MARTIN, SUFFOLK COASTAL, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
Scatter of Med pottery and late C13 French ware (seen by G Dunning) ? St Onge.
Flint 'surface' uncovered on shore.
1981/2: further Med sherd found during fieldwork by John Newman (S4). See also Sax & PMed.
Further sherd med pottery found 2001. S5
- <S1> SSF50032 Index: OS. OS Card. OS, card TM23NE14.
- <M1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: (S4).
- <S2> SSF50070 Index: Ipswich Museum. IPSMG card. IPSMG, card 965-26, 1965.
- <S3> SSF50042 Bibliographic reference: Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. Proceedings of the Suffolk Institute of Archaeology. PSIA, 28, 1960, (3), 296.
- <S4> SSF20020 (No record type): SAU, Newman J, site report, TYN 005, June 1985.
- <S5> SSF50018 Finds Report: Plouviez, J.. 1995. SCCAS Finds Record:. Anderson, S., SCCAS. 12/02/02.
- <S6> SSF59794 Digital archive: Historic England. National Record Of the Historic Environment.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jun 28 2021 11:52AM