Monument record CAV 019 - Sub rectangular and sub oval enclosures of unknown date.
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 8157 4624 (49m by 35m)|
|Civil Parish||CAVENDISH, ST EDMUNDSBURY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (4)
Sub rectangular/sub oval enclosure, approximately 50m x 20m with W side and SW corner obscured, open ended E end. Lying just SW of the group of ten ring ditches (see CAV 006), CAV 020 - CAV 028 & CAV 040 and within area of field boundaries, CAV 006 (S1)(S2). Possible long barrow. For larger example see CAV 006 & (S4).
(See other sites CRNs 08395-08401.)
- <M1> SSF46913 (No record type): APs: (S1)(S2)(S3).
- <S1> SSF50031 Photograph: CUCAP. CUCAP aerial photograph. CUCAP, APs ADJ 81,82, AIV 78, AOI 15,19, ARV 62,65, ZC 39,43, 1961, 1964, 1966, 1967, 1959.
- <S2> SSF18728 (No record type): SAU, APs ADA 02,04,11, AFY 13.
- <S3> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex C C, Strachan D, APs, CP/96/10/6-9, 30/23 & 24.
- <S4> SSF50094 Bibliographic reference: Miscellaneous Bibliographic reference. Fitch N, draft BA dissertation, Nottingham, 2001.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
Jun 24 2013 3:16PM