Monument record SEY 012 - Homersfield Lake, Homersfield, (Palaeolithic)
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||TM 287 854 (point)|
|Civil Parish||ST MARY, SOUTH ELMHAM, OTHERWISE HOMERSFIELD, WAVENEY, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (1)
1962: Flint hand-axe (? found) 1962 in gravel pit (S1).
A very fine triangular pointed hand axe in mint condition comes from a large pit in a low terrace of the river waveney.(S2)
- <S1> SSF12301 Museum Record Card: Norwich Castle Museum. 1962?. Record card. NWHCM, Suffolk Parish Records, Homersfield, drawing(?).
- <S1> SSF50072 Unpublished document: Suffolk Archaeological Service. Parish file. Parish file: (S1) but no drawing.
- <S2> SSF50084 Bibliographic reference: Wymer, J.J.. 1985. Palaeolithic Sites of East Anglia. p147.
- <S3> SSF59351 Digital archive: Wymer, J.J.. 1999. The Lower Palaeolithic Occupation of Britain (TERPs) The Lower Palaeolithic Occupation of Britain (TERPS). 22700.
- <S4> SSF17674 Bibliographic reference: Roe, Derek.. 1968. A Gazetteer of British Lower & Middle Palaeolithic sites.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Events/Activities (2)
Record last edited
May 29 2020 4:01PM