Monument record BSM 010 - Possible long barrow, Smallbridge Farm
Please read our guidance about the use of Suffolk Historic Environment Record data.
|Grid reference||Centred TL 9175 3329 (29m by 73m)|
|Civil Parish||BURES ST MARY, BABERGH, SUFFOLK|
Type and Period (3)
Outline of ? long barrow, c.80m x 10m, at right angles to 'cursus' - see BSM 008 (S1)(R1).
1996: Narrow oval enclosure which intersects a parallel ditch system (S4).(S5)
For brief discussion see (S3).
- <S1> SSF18405 (No record type): SAU, AP AED 1.
- <R1> SSF3828 (No record type): Colchester Archael Group, Bull 14, 1971, 7, 8, 35, 36, map 5.
- <M1> SSF46545 (No record type): APs: (S1)(S2).
- <S2> SSF50025 Photograph: Essex County Council. Air Photograph. Essex C C, AP, CP/97/11/18, June 1997.
- <S3> SSF50094 Bibliographic reference: Miscellaneous Bibliographic reference. Fitch N, draft BA Dissertation, Nottingham, 2001.
- <S5> SSF58525 Unpublished document: Martin, E. A. and Plouviez, J.. 1978. Prehistoric and Roman Cropmark Sites in Suffolk.
- None recorded
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Events/Activities (0)
Record last edited
May 1 2018 2:33PM